Thursday, September 22, 2011

Weekly Update

As usual both children had games/tournaments this week. And as usual they did great (spoken by a proud Mama). Tyler has been practicing pitching and let the coach know he would like to pitch during a game. And he got his chance. The coach put him in on Tuesday's game. I wasn't there (sad face) but Mike kept me posted. He struck out one player, hit a batter (oops)walked 2 and 2 runs scored the two innings he pitched (they only let you pitch 2 innings). I asked Mike if he took a picture, he didn't (another sad face). I'm sure they will use him again so I'll take a picture. Tyler also hit a true triple this game. No errors, it was just a solid hit. Great job Ty.
I was at Makenna's tournament that day. It was a conference match, if fact the rest are all conference matches. At the county match last week on this same course, she shot a 52. So when she started to par some holes, we got excited. She was hitting her driver really well, something she was struggling with before. She ended the match with a 45. Yay! I was so excited for her. I kept hearing that everyone else didn't do well. So I thought she had a great chance to get medalist (#1 spot with all the schools). The top senior in Johnston County shot a 44. Ohhhhh so close. 1 shot away from medalist. But that's ok. She was that close to beating the #1 player who is a senior. Sweet! I am so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment